The purpose of this project is to:
- Identify when, where and why flooding is occurring along Chester Creek.
- Provide cost estimates and recommend next steps in flood mitigation.
- Design and construct the preferred alternative to mitigate flooding.
2020 – 2021:
- JANUARY: Final Design
- SPRING – SUMMER: Preliminary Design
- FALL: Initial Permitting
- NOVEMBER: North Star Community Council Meeting
- WINTER: Draft Design Study Report
- APRIL: Public Meeting #2
- APRIL: Community Advisory Committee Meeting #2
- NOVEMBER: Final Design Study Report
- JANUARY: Preliminary Study Results
- JANUARY: Public Meeting #1
- FEBRUARY: Community Advisory Committee Meeting #1
- SPRING/SUMMER: Alternative Modeling and Evaluation
- FALL: Site Survey and Data Collection
- WINTER: Icing Evaluation
- DECEMBER – JANUARY: Public Survey Questionnaire
State funding for this design study phase has been provided based on the community identified flooding issue. Bond funding has been programmed in the Capital Improvement Program to build the recommended improvements.